Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Greatest Hit: Mana Khemia (PS2)

Typo or otherwise, both Gamestop and Amazon have been listing Mana Khemia for $19.99, the current red tag for PS2 games. This will apparently happen on October 28th, just a month after the last wave of GH's. NIS's latest game adds to Okami, Disgaea, Odin Sphere, and Maximo: Army of Zin in the newest batch to get a special print. I can confirm that all those titles have hit retail (even Okami, which seems to be hidden away in storerooms) and I would make the case that most of these would be a worthy addition to any PS2 gamer's collection.Please, we need to stop the scalpers. Keep on the lookout for more unexpected greatest hits, since the well doesn't seem to be dry yet.Another Greatest Hit: Mana Khemia (PS2)
That's great, but the trouble is I personally hate the ugly red tags Sony uses for the best sellers. It's almost as if they're saying, ''Oh fine, we'll lower the price but we'll make the box art a little uglier in exchange! Ha!''.

I'm sure it doesn't bother people who just want to play the game, but I like my boxes looking pretty.Another Greatest Hit: Mana Khemia (PS2)
I think it is just a reprint because it seems very unlikely that Mana Khemia sold enough to get a GH release.
Looks good I may have to check it out.
Sorry to sound like a noob, but I've never heard of this game before. Is it an RPG I guess?
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
[QUOTE=''e3li7e'']Sorry to sound like a noob, but I've never heard of this game before. Is it an RPG I guess?[/QUOTE]Yep. Nearly 80% what I talk about involves RPG's or rare games. Mana Khemia is considered both right now, but a reprint will drive the price point closer to saturation; thus driving down scalper price.Here is a video that will show both storyline and gameplay footage. It's basically the tutorial. This is the english version, but most people prefer Japanese VA's on low-budget RPG's.
Does anyone know if the PSP version is coming to N.A? That's the copy I want.
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
[QUOTE=''Ragnarok1051'']Does anyone know if the PSP version is coming to N.A? That's the copy I want.[/QUOTE]It will on January 9th. For $10 more than the reprint version.Which is another head scratcher.
Mana Khemia? Greatest Hits? Really? Not that I'm complaining, but it seems like an odd choice. Plus, one of my local stores still seems to have the game in stock for some reason. :?
So this is part 4 in the atelier iris series?

i just bought part3 and its amusing as a inbetween snack, very lighthearted to just put your brain on standby and just play away, good way to unload.

[QUOTE=''hot114'']So this is part 4 in the atelier iris series?

[/QUOTE]No, Gust somehow went the way Atlus did with their SMT series.Mana Khemia is a series on its own (well, actually it has a sequel), but it is part of the Atelier series as well.Atelier Iris is as much a spin-off as Mana Khemia is, but the lore itself is still related.

No comments:

Post a Comment