Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dug out my old SNES!!

I wasn't really a big SNES fan as a kid. I preferred the Genesis, so I'm not as familiar with the games as some of you may be. All I have are Star Fox and Final Fight. I'm looking to get some good games. I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger. I liked Mega Man X, but never played the two sequels. Super Mario World 2 and Super Mario RPG look good. I would like to get a few imports, too. Any suggestions?Dug out my old SNES!!
Secret of Mana.Good and difficult RPG game. Dug out my old SNES!!
I was a fanatic of the SNES always and it was my favorite console of all time. Here are many of my favorite games and why I like them:Super Bomberman 1 (and 2)- These had decent single players and the multiplayer was an insanely great experience even if you simply just played with CPU playersKirby Super Star- Yes, this game has been just remade on the DS but I don't think it was done justice. It was better on the SNES because it had 8 fun modes plus a 9th mode, and nothing was messed up about it. My favorite mode would perhaps be the Great Cave Offensive where you would collect treasures including some cameo appearance treasures from other Nintendo games. Kirby's Dreamland 3- This was a candidate for my favorite game of all time, and that's where my avatar came from. It's a picture of a Kirby sprite in that game. It had a coloring book feel to it so I'm not sure if you would appreciate that or not, but it's worth a try. Super Mario World- Another one of the greats for the SNES, and probably the best Mario game ever createdEarthBound- This is easily the best RPG created ever and a SNES experience is not complete without it. This is also a candidate for my favorite game of all timeSuper Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island- It had a fairly high difficulty level compared to any other Yoshi game, and it's a great adventure that needs not be passed up. The crying Baby Mario is probably the only downside to it as that gets annoying at times.Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest- My favorite Donkey Kong ever, but any of the 3 Country games are simply amazing. There are other games that I hold as excelent, but these are some of the ones I would recommend that you try out.
[QUOTE=''scaperat1'']I wasn't really a big SNES fan as a kid. I preferred the Genesis, so I'm not as familiar with the games as some of you may be. All I have are Star Fox and Final Fight. I'm looking to get some good games. I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger. I liked Mega Man X, but never played the two sequels. Super Mario World 2 and Super Mario RPG look good. I would like to get a few imports, too. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]I haven't played Megaman or SMRPG but i've played everything else you listed and they are good games. If you don't have a NES, pick up Super Mario Allstars. As a gamer I think you'd enjoy seeing the development of Mario from Mario 1 all the way to Super Mario World 2.If you want to import... i'm not sure how that works. I thought SNES and Super Famicom games aren't even the same shape. If you can, there is a really good Gundam Wing fighting game on the SNES. I only played it on emulators but its alot of fun. Theres a DBZ fighter as well thats pretty cool. In alot of ways it was ahead of its times and modern fighters still don't do alot of the stuff that game implemented.
*points at his signature*
[QUOTE=''Treflis'']Secret of Mana.Good and difficult RPG game. [/QUOTE] I just started playing that game right now. The game is def really hard on many occassions. I'm constantly starting over in save spots and doing dungeons over. Despite this, it's been very fun so far.
donkey kong 1-3?super metroid, FF3, chrono trigger, killer instinct.
Super Metroid, Super Mario All-Stars, Zelda, Super Mario Kart, and the Donkey Kong series would be good to play.
[QUOTE=''ArmoredCore55'']Super Metroid, Super Mario All-Stars, Zelda, Super Mario Kart, and the Donkey Kong series would be good to play.[/QUOTE]and also street fighter II turbo
Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country

Super Metroid

Zelda
Agreed. Super Metroid and Zelda. You will lve your life. Also, don't forget the RPG games! StarFox and Stunt Race FX are pretty good too! OMFG and Street Fighter II Turbo
Thanks all. Thank you Abandon for that long list of games.
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Same. I preferred the Genesis when I was a kid.
Contra III: The Alien Wars is an absolute must have.
I forgot, definately buy ''Phantom 2040'' if you can. It's one of the best 2d platforms ever IMO. Very under-rated game.
megaman X %26 X2Chrono TriggerFFIV anf FFVISecret of manaSuper Mario WorldDonkey King CountryF-ZeroZelda: Link to the Past
If you want a few tough, aggravating, but utterly addicting 2d platformers, Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, and Super Return of the Jedi are all excellent options. Also a great fighting game IMO, albeit a somewhat broken and unbalanced one, is Killer Instinct. Finally, who could forget Super Mario Kart and F-Zero? I didnt see anyone post those two, which kinda surprised me, since they are phenomenal early racing games. Hope this helps, and happy gaming!
dont forget, secret of evermore
secret of mana and wild guns....nuff said

No comments:

Post a Comment