Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Favourite challenge runs you've complete ...

I'm looking to buy a few new games to play between new releases and like games with a fair amount of replayability and the ability to explore the gameplay mechanics through challenge runs. Hopefully through reading some of this I'll get some ideas. Anyway, to start it offA XIII playthrough on the normal difficulty in which I used only pistols. This was difficult mostly due to lack of ammo, but was enjoyable.A Ratchet and Clank Going Commando playthrough using only the ratchet and the beginning laser pistol. A Star Ocean Till the End of Time playthrough using only standard attacks and casted magic. Battle skills are a large focus of the battle system in the game, so finishing without using any proved to be pretty rewarding.Favourite challenge runs you've complete ...
100% completion of Super Metroid for SNES in under 90 minutes... that felt so damn good.I never get tired of speed runs with my brothers for Super Mario Bros either, but I never remember the times we get. Favourite challenge runs you've complete ...
Beating Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy without even getting hit or missing a jump. I also did the something with the origional Spyro and Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped. All 3 were 100% complete.
yeah never get tired of those speed runs for super mario bros 3, super mario bros 64, metriod nes. pretty run pretty fun.
I would have to go with the 5.825 Million point run on the Atari 5200 version of Defender and the 25-Minute Richter speed run for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, both of which are verified Twin Galaxies world records.
[QUOTE=''Hungry_bunny'']100% completion of Super Metroid for SNES in under 90 minutes... that felt so damn good.[/QUOTE]Grr... I hate you! I'm still coming in around 2 hours on my 100% runs (give or take about 10 mins). I'll get it down eventually, heh.
[QUOTE=''Mike1978Smith''][QUOTE=''Hungry_bunny'']100% completion of Super Metroid for SNES in under 90 minutes... that felt so damn good.[/QUOTE]Grr... I hate you! I'm still coming in around 2 hours on my 100% runs (give or take about 10 mins). I'll get it down eventually, heh. [/QUOTE]Daer god, I understand your frustration :P I followed a faq I found here on GS, but still, I can't remember how many times I tried to do the last 10 minutes without screwing up -_- so many many times.
Hard Mode,10% run of Metroid Zero Mission.
I have been doing speed runs on Marble Maddness lately. I was on a kick for a while where all I played was Ico, over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment