Friday, April 16, 2010

Nintendo 64 Question

What's the difference between controller paks and expansion paks? Aren't they both just memory? Also, I don't remember because I was really young, but didn't most games just save themselves without the need of an expansion or controller pak?Nintendo 64 Question
some of the games need the expansion pack to be able to play, like Perfect Dark and Starcraft. And the memory cards you pop into the back the controller so the game will save on there so you can use the saved files on another system.Nintendo 64 Question
Ok I understand. Is there any way you can find out which games need an expansion pak?
[QUOTE=''s-baller23'']Ok I understand. Is there any way you can find out which games need an expansion pak?[/QUOTE]

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_Pak]Here's a list[/url].
well expansion packs added another 4 mb to the system memory, nothing to do with saving, it let games like perfect dark dk64 zelda etc able to play,or have more features and make the textures of any game slightly better, the memory card is used for many third party games, like turok 1 -rwtop gear seriesroadsters etc ,i dont think many first or 2nd party games required one , but one in perfect dark can be used to copy profiles to another game pak or allow you to carry to another friends h ouse without having your game, i used it a few times for example when one of my copies of pd 64-i have 3 got corrupt i always have 2 spare files plus the one in my memory card , so i never lose my main file, but thats the differencethe expansion goes in the front of the console near where you put a cartridge in theres a compartment, it goes there, originally it came or comes with a black jumper pack , but the expansion p ack-red top was required for dk64 it came bundled with early release copies or was sold seperately there was also 3rd party ones, perfect dark is another one youll need a expnsion pack for mission mode etc , so ya
I have another question: what does an N64 sound like when it's running. When I plug mine in, it makes absolutely no noise, and it isn't working correctly. The red light turns on, but no picture or anything. I'm not sure it's the cable (just ordered a new one), so excluding the cable, are there other things that could not allow it to work? Is it possible that I have a bad jumper pak?Thanks
[QUOTE=''frogger20027''] I have another question: what does an N64 sound like when it's running. When I plug mine in, it makes absolutely no noise, and it isn't working correctly. The red light turns on, but no picture or anything. I'm not sure it's the cable (just ordered a new one), so excluding the cable, are there other things that could not allow it to work? Is it possible that I have a bad jumper pak?Thanks [/QUOTE]Mine makes no noise......but worksThis might sounds stupid, but have you tried blowing the cart/cart port.
  • dermatologist acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment