Friday, April 16, 2010

Sega Saturn Disk Error? Help?

Well I just got my Sega Saturn off ebay and I seem to be having disk errors. Regular Audio CD's work just fine, but the game I recieved with the console (Tomb Raider) doesn't seem to work at all. It just says the drive is empty, but it does play regular audio cd's if they arent scratched. Sometimes it wont read the disk but I just restart it and it plays.Could it just be the game is messed up since it still manages to play cd's? Any help? I'm thinking of buying a lens cleaner but any help would be great.Sega Saturn Disk Error? Help?
Unfotunately it could be the laser drive. Even if it reads CDs, it might not have the power or be misadjusted to properly boot up and run Saturn games.Try to instert the game disc with the tray open then close it and see if the CD icon changes to the Saturn icon.Sega Saturn Disk Error? Help?
It's something with the laser. I put the console upright so it sits on the constrol slots and it read the game and played it, but when I lay it down it doesn't seem to work
I got it to work by standing it on it's front side *Where the controllers plug into* then I just lay it down correctly and it works, but other than that it's still the same. Maybe it got tossed around when it was being shipped? Is there anyway I can fix it without buying another one?
[QUOTE=''xsalvioutlawx'']I got it to work by standing it on it's front side *Where the controllers plug into* then I just lay it down correctly and it works, but other than that it's still the same. Maybe it got tossed around when it was being shipped? Is there anyway I can fix it without buying another one?[/QUOTE]It can be fixed, but I don't think you could fix it yourself unless you how to handle laser drives. Your laser is misadjusted, that's why it works only when you put it on another position.Depending on how worn your laser is (or isn't) with a proper adjustment it might end up working like new, or it might just give you a little more time of proper use.

Sigh.... *shoots self*, Now i'm just undecided on what type of feedback to give to the seller on ebay since he stated it was in perfect working condition. It could of been tossed around while it was being shipped, although it was well protected. oh well, thanks anyways
I feel your pain about ebay. I would contact the seller before leaving feedback.
I don't think it could've been shipping issue. They need to have dropped it totally and hard for the laser to be affected. It's just too unlikely, Most probably the seller sold it to you that way.My advice if you plan to buy another Saturn, buy a Japanese one. Japanese Saturns are newer since they were manufactered more in Japan. They also have better and longest lasting laser drives.Buy a Japanese Saturn and a ST-Key and you're set.
Funny thing is he even left me a postive feedback before i even got the item. I contacted him, but i'm sure he wont say it was broken when he shipped it. I don't really know what to do anymore, its not that big of a deal but dissapointing.How much do Jap. Saturns go for usually? I purchased this Saturn for 31 shipped and it's in great condition except the disk read error of course.
[QUOTE=''xsalvioutlawx''] Funny thing is he even left me a postive feedback before i even got the item. I contacted him, but i'm sure he wont say it was broken when he shipped it. I don't really know what to do anymore, its not that big of a deal but dissapointing.How much do Jap. Saturns go for usually? I purchased this Saturn for 31 shipped and it's in great condition except the disk read error of course.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know about importing them but I got my JP Saturn for 2700 Yen (like $22) and it came in the box with two controllers and all the necassary hook-ups. I'm sure aside from shipping, the cost can't be much different.

Bah all this talk makes me want to hunt down a HiSaturn again...
I'm not really sure for how much they go for, but they're a much better purchase than an US or EU one.As far as I know there were Saturn systems manufactered in 2000. Those models would be the ideal ones to get. The Derby version seems to be overly popular and easy to find.
[QUOTE=''22Toothpicks''][QUOTE=''xsalvioutlawx''] Funny thing is he even left me a postive feedback before i even got the item. I contacted him, but i'm sure he wont say it was broken when he shipped it. I don't really know what to do anymore, its not that big of a deal but dissapointing.How much do Jap. Saturns go for usually? I purchased this Saturn for 31 shipped and it's in great condition except the disk read error of course.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know about importing them but I got my JP Saturn for 2700 Yen (like $22) and it came in the box with two controllers and all the necassary hook-ups. I'm sure aside from shipping, the cost can't be much different.

Bah all this talk makes me want to hunt down a HiSaturn again...[/QUOTE]where'd you buy it!? TELL ME NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment