Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tantrums after getting pwned at Nintendo ...

So what were some of your bad angry habits after a game totally destroyed you and casued you to snap??Let's see, Ghosts and Goblins, TMNT1, Kid Chameleon, Megaman 2, Life Force, Section Z to name a few Here are that I can look back on and either laugh or say ''wtf was wrong with me as a kid?''-Biting the NES controllers. There were tons of teeth marks and luckily I didn't need braces later in life.-Throwing the controller at the ground-Smacking the top of the NES deck so the game tray would pop up-Screaming at the top of my lungs like the German kid playing UT2004-Kicking the side of the TV:P Tantrums after getting pwned at Nintendo ...
Zanac - You get to a certain point in the game to where even Jesus would start cursing.Street Fighter 2010 - The final boss, if it was not impossible it was pretty darned close.Oh yeah, I pretty much cussed and threw controllers.Tantrums after getting pwned at Nintendo ...
I never really got that angry about them, even that one level of Battletoads with the hoverboards. Level 8 or something. It stank because we didn't beat it, but I wasn't going to cry about it and beat it all angry.
When I was a little kid, Castlevania made me whip the controller above my head like a lasso and then I let it fly across the room
[QUOTE=''strategik_basic'']Zanac - You get to a certain point in the game to where even Jesus would start cursing.Street Fighter 2010 - The final boss, if it was not impossible it was pretty darned close.Oh yeah, I pretty much cussed and threw controllers.[/QUOTE] oh man! 100% there with you on Street Fighter 2010! That game would get me sooo mad!! Great game though!
I don't get really angry anymore. Its usually just a few explitives, and after a few minutes I'm fine. The 2-D platformers are usually what does it though.
It wasn't me, it was my sister who threw the controllers to the ground a couple of times >_> ~ de arimasu
Mike Tyson's Punch Out got me up on my feet all the time. I would stand up, bob and weave when little Mac did. That was probably the only game that I would have looked crazy while playing.
I just recently about a year ago threw a 3rd party controller against the wall because the analog sticks quit working. And the bottom left grip fell off..... Felt good to relieve the frustration though.
Hmmm slighty off topic, but as far as newer games go, I threw my poor 360 controller while playing Ninja Gaiden II. Haven't done that in a while. :)
I just don't have the penchant to chuck game controllers. I think it's because the thought of what'll happen if I do throw it crosses my mind right before my reflexes kick in and I manage to stop myself.
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
[QUOTE=''Alizerothree'']Hmmm slighty off topic, but as far as newer games go, I threw my poor 360 controller while playing Ninja Gaiden II. Haven't done that in a while. :)[/QUOTE]I had a similar situation there. Few months back i was trying to play Far Cry Instincts predator on my 360, the wireless controller kept turning off, so tried in new batteries, still did the same thing. Whenever it turned off i'd thump it very hard out of frustration. Till one day i just smashed it on the floor, the battery case broke in pieces.:lol: The more funny thing is, I'm still not bothered to replace the controller yet thus the console is left gathering dust till i get a new one.Was my only controller for it excluding it's remote. lol
[QUOTE=''Alizerothree'']
-Biting the NES controllers. There were tons of teeth marks and luckily I didn't need braces later in life.[/QUOTE] Teeth marks on the controller...did you own a SNES at some point? If so, I think I have your old controller, lol...
Games like the Adventures of Bayou Billy, Section Z and the Legend of Kage angered me to the point of pacing the room and twisting controllers as a kid. Never broke a controller, but came close a few times.
Mainly throwing my controllers and hitting the NES
I usually bottle up my anger when it comes to games, I just stare at the screen while grabbing the controllers so hard that the buttons feel kinda loose afterwards >_>
The worst ''tantrum'' I ever threw because of a game was Super Mario World on the SNES when it first came out. I was trying to open the ''special world'' levels and just had a really bad day of it. At a critical moment my hand slipped from the game pad and I missed a jump. That sent me over the edge. I took the game pad out to my car. Grabbed a hammer and some 10 penny nails. I wrapped the cord around the pad a couple of times and proceded to nail into my driveway (asphalt so it was soft enough for sharp nails). After six nails through the pad and several inches into my driveway, I tied the other end of the cord to my bumper. Then I took off. The pad was ripped into three chunks of mangled pastic and circut boards. It felt really good and was worth it. I finaly managed to get the special world unlock, but that was just a bad momment for me. ^_^
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
super mario bros, needless to say why didnt they have a save feature i mean come on now 8-1 -8-4 is the hardest thing to beat because you only got 3 lives to do it in and thats going through the warp pipesif you didnt know about these, good luck youll need it , i slammed my deck a couple of times because of that one level with all the pipes and stuff, the bowser castle you had to figure which pipe to go in, or youll end up at the begining o f the level l ol , once you figured that out you still got those hammer bros in the end they almost always get you with a hammer , then goldeneye came, yes it had a save file but god it still was hard, these 4 levels did me in all the time controll 00 agent train 00 agent jungle 00 agent and bunker 2 00 agent, lol i had so much trouble with these also the egyptian level on any difficulty is hard, youll need a strategy guide lol even then you can easily miss the pattern and those turrets would open immediate fire , not 1 but 4 , it took me 5 years to comple that game and get all the cheats ,perfect dark and timesplitter s 2 come just after that in terms of raw difficulty, that neo tokyo level puts you to sleep lol, i hate that mission the girl walks to slow , forcing you to walk a baby step at a timethen wait at staircases then watch the cameras lol , i got fed up with that level i just gave up ,

No comments:

Post a Comment