Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did anyone not like the Xbox?

Now I'm not saying that the first Xbox system sucked. it was a good console for what it did, but it just really severly lacked in the games department. I had a PS2 and Gamecube when they came out and loved them both a lot but I never was into Xbox that much as all it had IMO was Halo. My parents bought me an Xbox for Christmas about 4 or 5 years ago and at first I thought ''ok cool now I can play Halo.'' Aside from that I was pretty unimpressed with it but then Microsoft went and got some new games for it like Ninja Gaiden and Fable which I thought were pretty decent, but not perfect. I ended buying a bunch of games for it after I got an Xbox live account but I just couldn't get into it. To me all it really offered was just tons of FPS games which I don't really like.Aside from Halo 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden, and Fable, that was all the Xbox really had. I'm sure some will disagree but for the most part I didn't like it too much because of the lack of games. PS2 was vastly superior IMO. Did anyone not like the Xbox?
I've never liked the X-box or the X-box 360.Did anyone not like the Xbox?
I never had the xbox but I played it pretty often in my friend's place...its not bad..it was a little buggy...maybe it was just his xbox.... but I never got into it...didn't have enough interesting games for me....PS2 was better....so many games to choose from....I'm not a fanboy....I just like the console with the games I like....
i liked xbox but it wasnt the best of the 3 ,,, that goes to gc , i liked it alot
It was a REALLY bad system for someone(like myself) that couldn't buy ANY M rated games...it did have some good stuff like KOTOR, forza, and Morrowind, but that was about it....other than that isn't really that bad of a system.
[QUOTE=''memphishigh'']It was a REALLY bad system for someone(like myself) that couldn't buy ANY M rated games...it did have some good stuff like KOTOR, forza, and Morrowind, but that was about it....other than that isn't really that bad of a system.[/QUOTE] Haha never thought of that. MOST of my game collection on the xbox is M rated. I LOOOOVED my xbox!
There are plenty of people who disliked the X-box, just like anything else.Personally though, I liked it. Not as good as the PS2, but better than the Gamecube.
There are plenty of people who disliked the X-box, just like anything else.Personally though, I liked it. Not as good as the PS2, but better than the Gamecube.
you know it had some good games. it was a good springboard to the xbox 360 so i mean it did some good. plus it brought the msater chief to the masses... sounds like its something I like at least haha.http://digg.com/baseball/Rays_defeat_White_Sox_Now_headed_to_ALCS
I just played X-Box games on my pc, since Microsoft released them in Windows versions anyway. Due to more control over the games function, I prefer them on a pc. The only reason I have Sony and Nintendo products is because a lot of the games are exclusive to their systems. With Microsoft you can just wait a few(sometimes more) months and they'll release a Windows version. That's even if they say that it's an exclusive(i.e. Fable and Halo....).
I liked it but the only problem was I didn't have xbox live at the time and missed out on all the rage of halo 2 back then. It was still a pretty good system.
[QUOTE=''Simulator_Shock'']Aside from Halo 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden, and Fable, that was all the Xbox really had. [/QUOTE] Add Panzer Dragoon Orta and I agree.
[QUOTE=''RealHarry'']I never had the xbox but I played it pretty often in my friend's place...its not bad..it was a little buggy...maybe it was just his xbox.... but I never got into it...didn't have enough interesting games for me....PS2 was better....so many games to choose from....I'm not a fanboy....I just like the console with the games I like....[/QUOTE]Yeah....the system was a little weird and buggy to me too...but it was the systems lack of games that could never keep me interested. Unless you were a huge FPS junkie with a 10 second attention span than xbox was your system lol. I myself perfered Action/adventure and RPG's, thats why PS2 and Gamecube came so in handy lol.
[QUOTE=''Hells_Hammer''][QUOTE=''Simulator_Shock''] Aside from Halo 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden, and Fable, that was all the Xbox really had. [/QUOTE] Add Panzer Dragoon Orta and I agree. [/QUOTE] I couldn't disagree more. What about Mechassault? Jet Set Radio Future? Crimson Skies? Psychonauts? The KOTORs and Jade Empire? Project Gotham 2? Splinter Cell? Those were all great games at the time, and were I inclined to take more than 10 seconds to think about it I'm sure I could list many more. The Xbox wasn't for everybody, but it certainly had a decent amount of great games.
well the Xbox was a short lived console. MS really started it late and then gave up support early. but there are some great games (that arent on PS2 or Gamecube) Jetset radio future, Crimson skies, Doom3, Mechassult 1 and 2, Elderscrolls, Fable, Oddworld, Forza, Ninja Gaiden, Halo 1 and 2.and EVERY multi-plat game looked best on the Xbox. It wasnt quite like the PS3 and Xbox360. The Xbox was alot newer than the ps2 and MS really lost A TON of money on the Xbox, so that explains why the Xbox360 is so cheaply made.but NOW, i dont really care for my old Xbox, dont really play it as much. and I guess I'm just sick of all those old games. But I just barely got my 360 about a year ago, so I played my Xbox for a while. edit: oh and i forgot, i was NOT a fan of the original BIG xbox controller. The type s (for small) was a little better ,but still a hunk of junk. The ps2 had a much better controller in my opinion. and wow, the xbox360 controller is now more similar even....how surprising.....
I was annoyed from the the XBOX controller when it came out, it was SOOO HUGE!! but after releasing the S-controller, it was ok again, I like the system :)
The Xbox was great, it was my favorite console last gen. It had the best graphics of all three major consoles and my favorite controller from last gen (well, controller S anyway...). And it had some great games:KOTOR
KOTOR II
Halo
Halo 2
Fable
Morrowind GOTY
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crimson Skies
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
DOA3
DOAU
PGR
Ninja Gaiden
Jade Empire
Mechassault
Mechassault 2
To say nothing of the multiplats like Psychonauts, the GTA games, and Beyond Good and Evil.
I never had an Xbox, my borther had one and a couple of my frinds had them as well. I really liked Halo, wow that game was impressive at the time. It seems like it had a fairly large library and I was always jealous that the Xbox had Unreal Championship1 and 2, Chronicles of Riddick, Thief, etc. Although during that period I did not play games as much as I do now, so the Gamecube kept me plenty busy.
Xbox is hella cool.
[QUOTE=''Treflis'']I've never liked the X-box or the X-box 360.[/QUOTE]truthand i dont think it does even have a single exclusive...( i mean worthy enough to make you buy a console ) i played halo crap on pc, fable on pc, kotor on pc, jade empire on pc. ninja gaiden was remade for ps3. and except kotor + ninja gaiden i dont think there was a Single worthy game. fable was great in idea but terrible in execution with beyond terrible story

No comments:

Post a Comment